Translate

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Nutella and Mascarpone Calzone

This is another dessert pizza inspired by David Rocca.  I had never tasted Nutella before and now am feeling very deprived to think I was eating peanut butter sandwiches as a child while other children were enjoying such a decadent spread on their bread!
 Mike started the pizza dough before I had gotten home from work, and unknown to me he put pizza oil in the dough which added some heat. . .the chocolate and chilies made it a bit of a mexitalian dessert!  About 20 minutes before the dough was done, I put the pizza stone in the oven at 400 degrees.  When the dough was ready I rolled it out onto parchment paper I had sprayed with olive oil cooking spray and dusted with some corn meal.  On one half of the dough I spread Nutella, and on the other half I spread the mascarpone. 
 I folded one half over the other to make a large calzone and then pinched the edges together.  When I make this again (notice I didn't say "if", I will definitely be making this again!) I would take greater care to seal the edges; they came apart during the baking and made a slight mess of the oven. 
I brushed the calzone with some olive oil and sprinkled with some salt before putting it along with the parchment paper onto the hot pizza stone.  I baked it for 15 minutes and then allowed it to cool for about 10 minutes before we indulged.  Our entertainment for the evening was the movie, This Means War with Reese Witherspoon, Chris Pine, and Tom Hardy.  It is a comedy about two CIA agents that are partners and happen to fall in love with the same woman.  The plot was a great idea, and parts of it were amusing, but I'm afraid the crass language and references dampened much of the humor.  It wasn't a terrible movie, but just mediocre and one I wouldn't care to see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment