Translate

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Past Pepperoni


Okay, I confess, I'm a foodie.  I enjoy watching The Food Network (Giada is my favorite) and any blog I create is probably going to involve food. As far as food goes, pizza is a favorite for just about everyone.  At least it is for my husband, Mike, and me. It is almost as important a food group as chocolate or coffee!  This pizza adventure began as something fun for Mike and me to do together.  Back in the beginning we used Boboli crust and did the typical canned pizza sauce, pepperoni and mozzarella.  Then we found a unique recipe using sweet and sour sauce as a base and topped with pineapple, Canadian bacon, cheese and crushed mixed nuts.  That stimulated our pizza creativity and we started inventing our own masterpieces.
 The next phase in our pizza quest occurred a little over a year ago.  My sweet mama came for a visit and gifted me with a pizza stone that she decided she didn't want.  When I discovered I could make pizza dough very easily in my bread maker, a tradition was born.  Almost every Friday since then has been "Pizza and Movie Night" at our house.  This past Christmas our daughter-in-law, Nicole, was shopping for us.  She spied a section of pizza paraphernalia at Crate and Barrel and knowing of our tradition, purchased a cookbook, pizza oil, seasonings and crust mix.  We were thrilled! Now, much in the style of Julie and Julia, I want to work my way through the cookbook and chronicle my pizza adventures.  Maybe I'll even be able to add some of my own imaginative and exotic pizza ideas! Come join me on the journey. . .Abbondanza!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! I remember all of the unique pizzas you would tell us about! Can't wait to see what you come up with. PS... I make ours with fresh ground whole wheat, you know me... trying to make it healthy :)

    ReplyDelete